A lot of small subtle pieces go into making a search experience that’s smooth and keeps the visitor in control at all times:
- breadcrumbs (“Home > Search results”),
- a new search “form” pre-populated with the previous query,
- a prompt clearly explaining the results of the last action (“Your search…”),
- an offer to continue on from here (“Did you mean…”) that doesn’t go overboard visually,
- and finally, an overall visual design that focuses the visitor’s attention on the logical next step (clicking the suggested correction).